Saturday, September 22, 2012

A Call to Humility

     God reminded all of us to be humble enough to recognize that there is a higher being than us and also for us to attribute our achievements to our Creator.

Mark 9:35 - Then he sat down, called the Twelve, and said to them, "If anyone wishes to be first, he shall be the last of all and the servant of all."

     Humility is not just as easy as it seems for it requires a lot of submissiveness and neglect of pride. It is not something any person could easily show towards other people especially those who had caused them hurts, pains and sufferings.
     In my life as a YFC I have been exposed to many opportunities and privileges that lead to me thinking that I am superior to everybody else, this scenario really bloated my self-awareness and resulted to thinking that "I am the only one who could do this, and they cannot". These cases are not only boxed in my situation but very dominant also to all other leaders out here.
     As I face this downfall in my life, God continues to remind me of His call towards humility. He would really set up instances that would really test my faith in Him that will remind me that He is in authority and not me alone.
     And as I continue this journey in this life with God, I always pray not be drawn in darkness and live life according to my sole will and desires. I continue to strive to be humble enough to see that there is a greater being than myself and His plans are far more superior than mine.

Let us continue to pray not only for ourselves but also to our leaders, kuyas, ates, titos and titas in this community.
Watch this video -->

No comments:

Post a Comment