Saturday, April 28, 2012

Just a little bit

    Appreciation or a mere word of thanks is the least thing you can give to honor ones action or someone else worth. But experiencing the sorrow of being ignored and letting your hard work be taken for granted by other people can be very frustrating which may lead to a fading self-esteem.

    In the deepest of my conciousness, I know that I had some contributions to the present condition of the organization I am in (I will not mention the name), but is it that bad to ask some attention and appreciation to the same community? For all the efforts and time I exerted there, is it a sin to ask importance and respect?

    Seeing that community grows and expands makes my heart jump for joy but on the other hand, tears and misery are flowing from me due to the scenario of being drawn away from that family. What makes it worst is the fact that I am the reason why these things are happening. Being tired of shouldering responsibilities and not gaining enough appreciation leads me to backsliding from this service.

    As I end this, maybe things happens on purpose. Serving God should be done without asking something in return. Every drop of tears and effort should be dedicated to God and not for man. But words as simple as "thank you" should not be thought twice to be given. For these little words might just be as dry as a dessert but can be a source of great motivation and encouragement, even just a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment